Saturday, August 29, 2009

SF Girl in SF

I am visiting the Bay Area this weekend. I had been jumping out of my skin excited to get back to San Fran, and I am so happy to be here. Unfortunately, I might have accidentally packed the Utah desert heat in my suitcase and brought it with me. The normally cool temperatures here usually hover around 65-70 degrees, but this weekend it has been in the high 90's! Yikes! But unlike Utah, where most homes are equipped with air conditioning, people here are lucky to have a fan! While driving with my mother yesterday, I begged her to turn on the AC in the car. She didn't know how! Double yikes!

It is still good to be home no matter the weather. I am having so much fun catching up with family and friends. Two nights ago I took a late night walk North Beach with some friends, grabbing a beer at a bar, still managing to get up at 6am for a 3 mile run along the Embarcadero from the Ferry Building, under the Bay Bridge, to the ballpark and back. My cousins took me to Santana Row last night where we did not wait in the mile long line for a yogurt at Pinkberry. Maybe next time.



I had to smile this morning when I walked down to the coffee shop near my parent's house. In addition to normal breakfast pastries for sale- muffins, scones, oatmeal, there was also a plate of char siu bao. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

3 comments:

  1. I prefer you have vacation in the Philippines!

    Please visit my blog at http://www.philippinetourisms.blogspot.com/ for more info about Philippine quaintness and breathtaking scenery.

    I look forward for helping me promoting my ads and blog!

    Thank you and More power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete