Monday, August 17, 2009

Rocky Mountain Adventure

If you have noticed a lack of posts lately, it's because I've had a whirlwind two weeks. Two weekends ago John and I visited his mom's side of the family on the Jersey Shore. The trip was very brief yet enjoyable, but unfortunately can be summed up by two words: humidity and mosquitoes. As many of you know, I am a tried and true weather wimp. Anything higher or lower than a non-humid 70 is a bit much for me. Luckily too, for the mosquitoes on the East Coast, I showed up and unwillingly volunteered myself to become a blood donation station. Calamine lotion became my newest best friend.


They day after returning, my friend and cohort, Bree and I left for Montana on a business trip. The highlight of that trip was definitely our dinner at the Olive Garden. Soup, salad and breadsticks, YUM!


Once again, upon returning from Montana, John and I were officially on vacation. We left for Estes Park, CO the next morning, Floyd in tow. Our destination was the Maxey family cabin in Rocky Mountain National Park. What a lovely vacation complete with lots of hiking, fishing, rock climbing and family bonding. A cute black bear was nice enough to pay us a visit one morning, letting himself into the cabin and walking right into the living room. Here is a picture of a bear similar to our visitor.



1 comment:

  1. I still can't beleive a bear was in ya'lls living room!! Crazy! I never new bears loved subway so much.

    ReplyDelete